Friday, 8 July 2016

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Front
It's that time of year when Wimbledon is on and I'm doing more crafts that involve sitting down. I've been hand knitting, doing embroidery and general sewing of dressmaking projects that I have on the go.
I've also managed some machine knitting using the garter carriage and my Silver reed 860 Mid Gauge.
I finished today a pair of Monster Pants for age 6-9 months from a pattern i adapted using Designaknit from Ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/machine-knit-baby-monster-pants
They were knitted at Tension 5* using Stylecraft Double Knitting yarn in various colours.
Back


I've also been sewing, I do find the television programme Sewing Bee very inspiring and here's what I've been up to.



























Fabric was purchased from a stitch and craft show that was held in Exeter last September.

The Garter carriage Slipover/Vest was knitted for my 91 year old Dad, I've made him loads of these with different stitch patterns as he loves wearing them.


Hand knitting a babies sweater at the present with a great garter stitch pattern which I will adapt for the knitting machine as I can see that I will use this one again.