Thursday, 21 February 2013

Knitters Block

I've finished knitting the Gossamer Jacket by MAOger but need to sew the garment up. There is some grafting of stitches at the back of the collar. I have to be in the right mood to sit down and take the time to do this carefully for best finish, so at present it is lying there waiting for the spirit to move.

I've also finished a childs garment by MAOger from her Knitwords magazine. The pattern is incorrect, the skirt part is fine but the yoke instructions are for half of the garment only. I ended up putting the yoke shape into the Designaknit programme and it worked out fine.


Now back to Knitters Block as I call it. I've knitted this swatch and I love the drape and feel of it. It's knitted in Yeoman Janeiro and a random Chenille I've had on the shelves for ages. I just don't know what to make with it, any suggestions?


Though as I'm looking at the swatch I'm thinking maybe a Dolman Sleeve!!!